Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Paula's Pancreatic Pity Party

Ok, lets be positive,,,I will have a while off work so I can just craft away. Ill lose weight, be able to lie in in the morning, get flowers and choccies, and I will never get pancreatic cancer. On the down side, its going to 'kin hurt!! Paul is still hurting although i reckon he did too much at the start and there is absolutely no way on earth I am going to be doing what he did!! Some of you know what Im talking about but to anyone who is wondering, tumours have found to be lurking in the murky depth of my pancreas. Apparantly benign..phewwwwwwww. Docs words "operation may be a possibility", wont know till I see her on 17th. Still, it cant be all bad or they would have me in now and whipping the old organs out as we speak! Chances are spleen will have to come out too..

Onto good things..I have received my stampin up order and I love the Hostess gift.. yummy yummy - no not chocolate, stampzzzzzz!

I need my mojo back (did I ever have any??) ASAP so I can think of lovely creative ways to use them.

Still no leccy in my shed, Mark has had other things to do, so we must get that sorted soon, cos I cant craft by moonlight now can I??

What else can I tell you? hmmmm oh yup, just been invited to a scary party...fancy dress..ill go as a witch so wont need to change...lol

So, thank you for joining me in my pity party, any cheery uppy comments will be gratefully accepted!!

8 comments:

Totty Teabag said...

A cheery-uppy comment? Well let's see...you won't miss your spleen if they whip it out. Justin has managed for 61 years without his! Also, I would like to congratulate your choice of Blog design for the clarity of the dark text on a light background....LOL

Roz said...

Daft bat.

Myrt said...

...aw Paula....life just isn't fair sometimes, is it! Do take care, my friend and know I'm thinking about you.
Hugs, Marion

Bev said...

Just catching up here Paula (been a bad blogger lately!!) Hope all goes well for you sweetie

hugs Bev x

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not well, but SO relieved to hear that it's benign. It's amazing what they can take care or now. I have quite a few cancer survivors in my family. My FIL has had cancer of the blood for 20 years. I'm sure it knocks you out though! I do hope you get plenty of rest (by that I mean stamping and choccies and of course some electricity so you can stamp the night away!) Hope there's no need for an operation, but if there is I'm sure it will go very very well. LOTS of love and hugs and I hope your mojo is in full force soon,
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXO
Mel

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

P.S. Forgot to say that your title cracks me up! You are WAY too clever and fun! :O)

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Paula.. just sending you a big squishy hug, sweets. Great that it's all benign, but still...

{{{{{Paula}}}}}}

Chris xx

Paula's ponderings said...

awww ladies thanks for all your sweet comments...yup even you rozzer!! LOL.

I am TRYING to be positive, but sometimes get that horrible nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I am soooooooooooo tired but hopefully you'll all be able to join me in my post pancreatic party (no pity there) and life will be good!


Aquarium Clock

Countdown Clock